- Do you want to avoid points? If your concern is the points, you may be better off electing traffic school. However, if you are not eligible for traffic school, it may be worth it to fight the ticket.
- Do you think there is a problem with the ticket? Is your name spelled wrong? Did the officer transpose numbers on your address? Or is there some other type of minor problem with your citation? If that is your reason for wanting to fight the ticket, you are better off paying it. These types of issues are usually never a defense.
- Are you a CDL driver? If so, it may be a good idea for you to fight your ticket since you can’t take traffic school and any offense affects your job.
- Are you facing a point suspension? Then you should probably fight the ticket.
- Concerns about insurance costs? This may also be a good reason to fight your ticket.
- Was the officer a jerk? This is probably not a good reason to fight your ticket. Just because the officer was a jerk, it doesn’t mean the officer is wrong.
- Do you really feel you did nothing wrong? Then you should absolutely fight your ticket!
Just remember, no attorney can ever guarantee an outcome. If you lose you may incur court costs in addition to any fines or attorney fees. But if you win, there are no points and no court fees!! So depending on your circumstance it may be worth it.