Toll violations are moving violations. Each violation is subject to having 3 points assessed on your license. You can receive a toll violation for a number of different reasons, many of which are defensible. Some of the more common reasons are:
1) a law enforcement officer sees you run a toll
2) your SunPass account has deficient funds
3) the battery is dead on your transponder and does not send a signal
4) your license plate does not match an active account
5) your credit card on file for automatically replenishing your SunPass has been cancelled
6) work vehicles registered in your name commit a toll violation regardless of whether you are driving or an employee is driving
Many times people call our office with no idea why they received the toll violation when they have a transponder. We have represented clients having over 50 violations they were unaware of. We are able to go to court for you and find out why you received the toll violation(s) and in many cases get most of the tickets dismissed. In nearly every situation we are able to keep the points off your license. It is important to contact our office to discuss the facts of your citation once you receive a letter from a SunPass representative, as waiting too long may result in your license being suspended. In addition, paying multiple toll violations at once could result in you becoming a Habitual Traffic Offender and having your license suspended anywhere from 30 days to 5 years.